There are a lot of opportunities available in this area. To make a career in it, it is mandatory to have 12th pass in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics or Home Science. After this, one can do Bachelor Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or Microbiology. This course is four years old. After doing Bachelor degree, one can also do advance degree in food chemistry, manufacturing process and other fields. Apart from this, diploma in Dietetics and Nutrition and Food Science and Public Health Nutrition can also be done. If you have completed the graduate course, you can also do MSc in the above subjects. There is also a lot of scope for conducting research studies in this area. Students pursuing higher education also get a lot of opportunities in this field. Entrance examinations
By giving All India Joint Entrance Exam, candidates can do BTech degree in Food Technology and Bio Chemical Science from Government Colleges. At the same time, to enroll in IIT, one has to pass the JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams. Admission will be available in IISc Bengaluru through Get Food Technology Entrance Exam. In addition, all private institutions conduct entrance tests at their level. Necessary Skills
- These professionals should have complete knowledge of food science and also have the skills to apply it during the production process.
- These professionals should have good knowledge of business. In addition, his knowledge of analytical and mathematics should also be improved.
- These professionals should not lack confidence, as they have to work independently most of the time.
- These professionals have to study food items a lot, so computer skills and their ability to work with new technology should also be improved.
- These professionals should have good ability to concentrate, so that even the smallest information related to food is not touched by their eyes.
- It is necessary to have special information about health, safety and hygiene.
- These professionals have to work for producers and keep in constant contact with them, so their communication skills should also be good. These professionals should have good ability to work in teams.
– Proper nutrition should be provided for food labeling.
– Ways to find ways to keep food fresh, safe and attractive.
– It is also a responsibility to make offerings in a manner to save time and money taken during cooking.
– The function of food involves checking the quality and safety of foods.
– It is also his responsibility to experiment with new ingredients and make new foods.
– They are to be used in Raipur and prepare sample products.
Design and machine testing from the production process are also done accordingly.
– A customer has to work with engineers, production and marketing experts to solve any problem facing the product.
Before manufacturing the product, it is also necessary to check and monitor the material used in it.
– Many food scientists conduct quality control in the processing plant. It is also his responsibility to oversee the entire construction process.
– Their job is to create a production schedule and create a system for cleanliness. These professionals can find opportunities in many big companies as well as food departments of the Government of India. Salaries
On starting in this field, you can get a salary of 20 to 25 thousand rupees per month. After earning five years of experience, you get a package ranging from 5 to 6.4 lakh rupees annually. With increasing experience, salary can be between 9 to 18 lakh rupees annually. Jobs in the sector are expected to grow at a rate of seven percent for the next 10 years. Given the huge demand of people in the field of food science and technology, a career in it may be a better option. Ankit is telling how to make a career in this fast emerging field. Top Courses
– Food Science and Technologies
– Food and Nutrition
– Food Processing and Food Dates
Skip to home science
– Bio Bio
– M.Tech These food teams
– M.Tech in Food and Nutrition
– Certificate Course in Food Processing * and Preservation
– In Food Processing
– These are food preservation
– In Food Preservation and Technologies
– Ph.d Yeh Food Preservation
– Ph.D Yeh Bio Technologies Premier institute
– Central Food Technological Research Institute
– Indian Institute of Crop Processing Dates
– National Agri Food Bio Institute
– Resident Technical University, Kota
– National Institute of Nutrition
– National Dean Research Institute
– SRM University
– Anna University
– Pondicherry University
– IIT Kharagpur
– IISS Sc Buru Food expert opinion
Food science is an emerging field. It is increasing due to rapid urbanization and lifestyle changes. Food science is a multipurpose subject. It is very important to know about food chemistry and biochemistry to move forward in this field. This field requires highly trained and experienced people. Apart from the quality of the food items, they should also be well aware of their safety and nutrients. To make a career in this field, it is necessary that the candidates obtain degrees from good institutions. In India, the industry is growing at a rate of 10 to 15 percent annually. There is a huge demand for professionals in this area and very little supply. FMCG, pharma, agro, dairy, bakery, food packaging and many other areas of job opportunities exist. For more info please comment below in the box.